Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Flowers, farmers markets, and the love of my life

Today was a hectic day that was filled with lots of deck painting, farmer's marketing (I iust turned that into a verb, deal with it), and picking out flowers for my wedding. I realize that there is nothing 'hectic' sounding about strolling through farmers markets and painting and flower browsing, but I assure you, they were very difficult tasks that are not to be taken lightly! I was also able to check out my ceremony location again, and it was so beautiful! I couldn't be happier with my choice. For those of you who don't know me, my ceremony will be taking place in an adorable little gazebo next to the shore of Big Bear Lake. 
The grass could use a little TLC, but other than that, it's a gorgeous location! 

I feel a little weird talking so much about the wedding preparation without introducing my better half! So often I see brides and family and friends get caught up in the details of the the day instead of reason behind it. Although I've had my moments, I feel like I've been much less of a bridezilla than the average gal going through premarital stress. You should feel comfortable and beautiful in your dress but what's more important is who is wearing it, and if it's the right man that she's going to meet at the end of the aisle. I've worked hard to create a day that will encompass the beauty of our relationship, and reflect our own personalities and styles. But at the end of the day, the cake is just a cake, the flowers are going to wither away, and that one vendor that shows up 2 hours too late makes for a great story in the long run. The most important thing that is left after a wedding is your new marriage. It sounds like something that shouldn't even have to be said but I feel like a lot of people are so blinded by the shiny engagement rings and fancy bridal showers and beautiful tiered cakes that  they end up marrying the wrong person. 

Okay, rant over. I swear! I didn't even introduce my fiancĂ© ( which was originally the entire point of this article, oops!) and I don't want to throw in a half assed blurb about him, so I'll deliver my promise in my next post. For now, I'll leave you with a sickeningly adorable photo of us. 

        Did I mention he's a total cutie??




No comments:

Post a Comment